Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gears and Fears

Gears and Fears
Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:22:25 AM
Music for this nights session: Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy, Morrisey, Nick Cave's Murder Ballads, Bach Cello Suites by Mitslav Ratropovich
Christ! Its already tough, teaching till 6pm and then getting my ass to the studio. I am trying to stay till at least 12:30 Am or so. The problem is that I cannot sleep right after painting. My brain is still firing neurons like crazy and I lie in bed in a daze from 2Am till 3 or 4.
Fuckit. I am so lucky to be working and showing and selling. I vow to shut up.
    Tonight I worked on the gears and got pretty frustrated, abstracted out some of the gears, wiped most of the paint off, etc. I often paint realistically until some primal urge to fling shit overcomes me, then the paint starts becoming paint. Paint is oily and viscous and it yearns to be itself and drip and smear and cover and not be forced into tight little shapes.



Composition and color balance decent. I might change lots of this once I get the figure layed in.



12:20 AM. Time to drive home, feed the cat, hopefully fall asleep. Peace, dream your dreams, live your dream, dream your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment