Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adjusting the Composition

Adjusting the Composition
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:18:26 AM
Music for this painting session: Mozart's Requiem, Sharon Jones and the Daptones Pandora station.

I decided to paint out the front of the plastic sheet as it was matching the angle of the smoke and creating too much diagonal thrust. There was also great smoke shapes under there I now get to paint.



Now I get to paint the shiny gears and the glass boxes of submerged body parts. Then comes the best part for me, painting the figure. I love drapery, and transparent drapery is particularly challenging and beautiful.
Palette used for the smoke: ivory black, burnt umber, titanium white, cobalt blue. Fire: Cad red, cad yellow, burnt sienna, alizarin crimson.



Later, its now 12:20, time to drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment